to the Sydney International Christian Church
What We Believe
We are the Sydney International Christian Church. We are a part of a world-wide movement of SoldOut Disciples with the vision to evangelize the nations in this generation. Our goal is to be a church full of disciples that love God with all of our heart, soul, mind and strength and that love each other just as Jesus loved us. (Matt 22:37-40, Jn 13:34-35) We want to lead the way in laying down our lives for each other and emphasize the need for every disciple to be a committed servant in the body of Christ (1 Jn 3:16, Mk 10:43-45). We want to reach out within our community and share our faith, so that through us, God can make disciples of all the nations living around us (Matt 28:18-20) and bring them into a loving, serving and maturing body of Christ (Eph 4:11-16).
- WORSHIP – The primary function of the family of God is to be a worshiping community in attitude and lifestyle (Matt 4:10, Jn 4:23-24, Rom 12:1-2). In our worship services we want to experience the presence of God as we express honor, gratitude, awe, humility and brokenness before Him. Our walk with God should be a daily and consistent focus.
- HOLINESS – A desire to be like Him should flow from effective worship. God desires us to come out and be separate so we can show the world his holiness (Lev 11:45, 1 Th 4:7). We believe holiness is bigger than just avoiding sin & should focus on developing a taste and passion for God and a hunger for righteousness. Jesus must be the Lord of our lives.
- FAMILY – We believe that Christianity is a one-another religion. We are the family of God! We share a common faith, common blood and a common love for God and each other. Our commitment is to love, forgive, encourage, serve, lay down our lives, and to share our possessions and our hearts with each other (Rom 12, 1 Cor 12, Gal 5:13-26).
- DISCIPLING – We are committed, not to only baptizing people into Christ (Acts 2:38, Eph 4:1-7) but to growing, training and equipping disciples for kingdom-life (Eph 4:11-16). We recognize the biblical mandate to help each other grow and we continue to believe in accountability, seeking and giving biblical advice (Proverbs) and corporate prayer.
- SERVING – Our church is a church built on the biblical concept of ministering to the world’s hurts and needs. Jesus’ goal in life was to give up his life for others (Jn 12:24-26). The servant-heart of sacrifice – showing concern for others and a willingness to give up time and money – is deeply rooted in OT and NT themes.
- EVANGELISM – We are committed to testify to the world that Jesus is our Lord and Savior (1 Pet 2:9-10; 1 Pet 3:15). Evangelism should be personal and natural. We will provide small groups as well as larger meetings to encourage a deep commitment to sharing the good news.
- BENEVOLENCE – We are committed to making a difference in our world around us. Jesus taught that his followers are the salt, light, and leaven in a world that needs to elevate its morals and standards (Matt 5:13-16). We want to influence our neighbors through marriage help, child-rearing classes, generosity, meals, adoptions, helping widows and orphans, the poor and sick both in our community and in our world.
Joe and Kerry Willis
Joe Willis- 0402546712
Kerry Willis- 0401066174
Sean and Teigan Valenzuela
Sean Valenzuela – 0452421213
Teigan Valenzuela – 0424884115
We meet every Sunday 4:00pm at 15A Argyle St, Millers Point, NSW 2000. Feel free to “come and see”! (John 1:43)